C-8 Sectional Cable in K-400 Drum machine

Users who are viewing this thread

VictorPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello friends:

I recently got Ridgid K-400 Drum machine for very good price

I have K-60, K-50 Sectional Machines but mess of cables adding is killing me.

I want to connect 4 sections of C-8 Sectional Cable and put into K-400 to use for kitchen drains, especially for island kitchen drains where p-trap is bellow floor and not accessible.

Have you guys used C-8 sectional cable in K-400 drum machine. I know in theory you not suppose to use sectional cable in drum machine but theory and practice is different.

Info: C-8 Cable is 5/8″ x 7 1/2' sections used in Ridgid K-60, K-50 Sectional Machines.

Let me know if you actually used C-8 sectional cable in K-400.

Thanks

VictorPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
I also have General Wire Super-Vee but Flexicore cables are too ridgid to go easy thru 1 1/2 kitchen island underfloor p-trap - I want to use flexible hollow core C-8 cable in drum machine. It is flexible to go thru concealed 1 1/2 p-trap and big enough in diameter (5/8) to actually clean the grease.

VictorPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did some testing:

I put 4 sections of C-8 5/8 cable into K-400 drum, for leading C-8 section - cut of front male coupler and bent tip - can not go thru abs 1 1/2 p-trap - RPM too slow.

Can not do it.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I also have General Wire Super-Vee but Flexicore cables are too ridgid to go easy thru 1 1/2 kitchen island underfloor p-trap - I want to use flexible hollow core C-8 cable in drum machine. It is flexible to go thru concealed 1 1/2 p-trap and big enough in diameter (5/8) to actually clean the grease.
As much as I like General I use a Rigid K 40 auto feeder for lines 2" and smaller

The cable is very flexible and easy one hand operation and General is too stiff but stronger

The only reason I bought it was NYC has 11.2 galvanized waste lines and passing through an ell is hell. The auto feeder makes a world of a difference

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks