Buyting toilets over the internet

Users who are viewing this thread

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Buying toilets over the internet

Wondered what people's experience has been with buying toilets via the web vs. at the Toto supply houses around here in Littleton/Denver, Colorado. The only downside I can see would be possible warranty/return issues, which from the discussion on this site would seem to be minimal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've bought two from them, the first one never made it to me - it was broken in shipment - a new one came. the only way I knew was I was watching the status with the tracking number. If the thing doesn't arrive damaged, the fail rate on these things is pretty low. If you watch the site, you can often catch it with an additional 5-10% discount - they often run them on weekends. Bigger ones on holiday weekends. They also offer delayed, no-interest, if you want to get one of their credit cards. The first one they shipped UPS, the stuff I got recently came by a common carrier on a palet. Looked like it just left the showroom. Guess ups isn't the best for toilets.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I used to ship "ground freight" with some problems.
I don't like handing off my product to a trucking outfit.

I still do shipping in the Seattle area, Los Angeles, Anchorage, and to barges to parts of Alaska. These deliveries are done by hand and have been very smooth.

In addition to the deliveries, I have "Will-Call" in these areas.

I did not have consistent luck with the ground freight truckers.
Toilets can break when dropped. That is why I changed my method.
I've never had a problem shipping on the barges to Alaska though.

For those in other cities out there, I recommend contacting local plumbers for the product. Often you will get the pricing and the service.

Terry Love's shopping cart
Seattle, Bothell, Puyallup, Marysville, Issaquah, Los Angeles, Anchorage, Wasilla, Spokane

Last edited:

Unknown Legend

Reaction score
Just want to post my experience.

I bought two ultramax toilets via the internet last month, but didn't buy them at the same time. Both arrived from GA to CA without problems. The vendor used FedEx freight, and each toilet was strapped and shrink-wrapped on a pallet.

Pretty happy with both the vendor and toilets.

BTW, I wanted to get it locally, but the store wanted over $100 more for each tiolet :eek: !

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Mr. Love provides this incredible forum as a public service to homeowners and plumbers as well . He does this at considerable personal expense. He alloows us considerable latitude in discussing brands and sources. However, he is in the business of selling plumbing supplies, and therefor is entitled to NOT see the forum become an advertiser for his competition.
Terry Love's shopping cart

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks