Burnham Hydronic acting strange after Bleeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Dashersonic

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a repeat as I couldn't find an answer in the older threads.
I'm doing some home renovations and removed a few sections of baseboard heater. I reconnected the sections temporarily with orange PEX while I complete reno and until I reinstall baseboards to have the continuous loop because there are no shut off valve in my system to allow me to isolate or shut them off individually, only the zone control valves.
I drained, refilled, and Bled the system. The Pressure is good at 12-15lbs.
We are not using heat at this time of year.
So the problem is the boiler is not firing to supply hot water. It only runs if I turn on one of the heating zones. Went to sleep last night and woke up to a cold Boiler.

When should the circulator motor run? It's so quite I can't tell if it running when the boiler is firing, but It runs occasionally when the boiler is not firing. is this normal?

Is this normal? Any advice appreciated.

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
We need more information to be able to figure this out, starting with the make/model of the zone controller and boiler, and whether the hot water is being served up by a tankless embedded coil in the boiler, or by an indirect tank type waterheater operated as a separate zone.

If the hot water is being served by an indirect water heater, the circulator to the water heater zone should run whenever it's calling for heat. In most systems the circulator to the heating zones should only run when one or more of the heating zones is calling for heat.

Dashersonic

Reaction score
All good Thanks. It kind of self resolved. I found that the Water temp sensor on the tank was not inserted all the way and after after re-seating it in the tank it started working properly. Everything is A-OK.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks