Burnham Alpine 105 Boiler E14 error

Users who are viewing this thread

Jonerik

Reaction score
I need help troubleshooting recurrent E14 errors. Some background:
I have an Alpine 105 boiler with domestic hot water. I have three heating zones plus hot water. The three thermostats and DHW are fed to a TACO boiler zone control. The last two years I have experienced recurrent E14 hard lockout errors during the heating season. The boiler manual states to reset the control panel when this occurs. This normally solves the problem. However, a day or couple days later the water will be cold and I find that the error has reoccurred. Sometimes it will go weeks without any problems. I only seem to have this issue during the heating season.

The Boiler manual states that main control board is the issue. The controller is a Honeywell MCBA 14201DV20. I have not been able to find a manual for the controller itself to see if there is more definitive info regarding this error. The Honeywell controller is fairly expensive so I am not eager to run out and replace it. It also seems telling that this error does not occur during the summer when there is no call from the thermostats for heat.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mage182

Reaction score
I have an Alpine 150 model and started receiving a similar error after a hurricane. It seems that there were some power variations that damaged the control board. I ended up having to replace it. I also added a power conditioner so that the problem doesn't occur again.

Fitter30

Reaction score
E14 manual said replace board. Parts made for OEM have special numbers. Board might look the same as others but have different timing for different things or a added terminal or plug.

Mage182

Reaction score
Correct. If you end up replacing the board be careful that it's the right one. When I obtained a replacement, there was a shortage of boards in the supply chain due to multiple storms that year. The model I ended up getting is universal to the run of boiler that I have, but its default settings are for the 105 model. An installer login is needed in order to change that setting and and I have never been able to acquire those credentials.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Correct. If you end up replacing the board be careful that it's the right one. When I obtained a replacement, there was a shortage of boards in the supply chain due to multiple storms that year. The model I ended up getting is universal to the run of boiler that I have, but its default settings are for the 105 model. An installer login is needed in order to change that setting and and I have never been able to acquire those credentials.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/689025/Burnham-Alpine.html?page=1#manual
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/689025/Burnham-Alpine.html?page=101
I've used this site to download manuals never had any problems page 101 has the login

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks