Burcam Fluomac pressure problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

dtreid

Reaction score
I live on a farm and installed a Burcam 3/4hp deep well fluomac jet pump (no pressure tank needed) with the idea being that I would be able to up the pressure from my 30 year old jet pump.

Pump is a in a well pit about 20' from the house and is drawing from a well 40' from the surface (about 36' deep for the pump as it's in a well pit).

So far I'm disappointed as the pump only shows about 38psi on the pump mounted gauge and pressure in the house is not great at all. I also get a pressure drop when I turn the tap on for say 5sec until the pump kicks on.

Does anyone have experience with these pumps and an idea of what I could do to increase the pressure?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sorry I had to look it up to see what you were talking about. That is nothing but a Masscontrol stuck to a cheap pump. These things pop up every few years with a different name, painted a different color, and pretending they never had a problem. What you are experiencing is the normal way those things work, which is not very well. A pressure tank, even a small one, is a very important part of a water pump system. Without a tank, what you will see is that a dripping faucet or "forget to giggle the handle toilet", will cause the pump to cycle on and off every 8 seconds until the motor is shortly fried.

A standard jet pump with a small bladder tank and regular pressure switch would be much more enjoyable and reliable. Take that one back for warranty while you still can because it isn't and never will work like you want.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You can't boost pressure from another well pump with one of those or any other pump. There is only so much water there to start with and putting a negative pressure on the pipe coming from the well is not going to help.

I would find out what diameter the well is. You may be able to pull the jet and install a submersible pump and your problems may go away. Or you might have to install a larger well pump which may get you slightly better pressure in the house.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A larger pump in the well is the best way to boost the pressure. But a larger pump will deliver more water than you normally need and cause the pump to cycle on and off excessively. A Cycle Stop Valve on the pump will stop the cycling and deliver good constant pressure to the house. Just don't use anything that claims to be "just like a Cycle Stop Valve" because it isn't.

LakeResident

Reaction score
Old thread, but couldn't help adding 2c worth ;)

Pump is a in a well pit about 20' from the house and is drawing from a well 40' from the surface (about 36' deep for the pump as it's in a well pit).

Maybe I misunderstood, but no Shallow Well pump can draw water from a depth of 36 ft! Maximum is 25ft. And even then with friction losses, that would be a stretch!

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood, but no Shallow Well pump can draw water from a depth of 36 ft! Maximum is 25ft. And even then with friction losses, that would be a stretch!
A "deep well" jet pump can pump from much deeper because it puts the venturi, in a piece called an ejector, down the well. There are two well pipes connected to the pump. One pumps water down, and the other contains water coming up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks