Building sewer multiple drops

Users who are viewing this thread

WilsonBA

Reaction score
Thanks for the forum. The bond out for the sewer line from my new house to the septic tank is higher in the wall than it should be. Would like it 30" lower to better accommodate the grading outside the house.

Can I exit the house with horizontal pipe, transition to vertical, then back to a sloped pipe to the tank?

So basically the line would drop 3' inside the house, go through the wall, drop 30", then slope about 1/4"/ft to the tank.

Is this allowable, a bad idea, no difference, or should I have another hole cored? Thanks for the help!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It might make the line hard to run a snake through. Consider long-sweep elbows which should make it easier. I don't think two 90-degree elbows requires a cleanout, but I don't remember for sure...at some point, one is required, but I think it is after greater than 180-degrees.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks