Building new cabin. Need help with plumbing layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

RickNewfoundland

Reaction score
Cabin.jpg

I have been reading the forum for a few years getting info as I need it, now I need some help in figuring out my layout for plumbing a new cabin for me. The cabin will be slab on grade. Where I am building it, there is no inspectors for plumbing, only main power company for new electrical service.

I understand fittings required for sewer and vents and fixtures should be vented, but with a new cabin I may miss items I need.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id help you but dont know how to draw it up on here. I would trench all the way across the house and put a cleanout in ground by the bathroom window. so that a snake will never have to come inside. No washer / Dryer?

Reach4

Reaction score
Two yellow Vs are vents that connect in the attic to the roof. If no attic, there could be two separate roof vents.

Lavatory wet vents the tub and toilet. Toilet is the last in line for the wet venting. Thinner orange is 2 inch pipe. Lav sanitary tee to tub and toilet 2.4 meters if I read correctly.

Put an access panel behind the tub for easy plumbing access.

Attachments

• img_4.jpg
    img_4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I like kitchen waste to left side of window so I dont have to hog out king studs for vent as I dont use aav. use a solvent weld waste and overflow on tub no access panel. Another opinion I have is an outside cleanout upstream of bathroom . Bathroom should have a 3 inch clean out thats a good start on layout for Rick

Reach4

Reaction score
Outside cleanouts upstream of the plumbing seem to be popular in warmer areas, but I don't know that they are usually used in cold places. Maybe we have been missing out on a good trick.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Outside cleanouts upstream of the plumbing seem to be popular in warmer areas, but I don't know that they are usually used in cold places. Maybe we have been missing out on a good trick.

So in your area you put a 3 inch cleanout in bathroom or you have a basement or just dont put cleanouts ?

Reach4

Reaction score
So in your area you put a 3 inch cleanout in bathroom or you have a basement or just dont put cleanouts ?
Cleanout in the basement or crawl space and/or outside downstream of the house.

I don't know what a slab house would do.

Rodding can sometimes be done through the three inch vent stack through the roof. Or through a toilet flange.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cleanout in the basement or crawl space and/or outside downstream of the house.

I don't know what a slab house would do.

Rodding can sometimes be done through the three inch vent stack through the roof. Or through a toilet flange.

Thats what makes this site interesting Ive plumbed hundreds of homes on slab and a handful of crawl space houses and Just rememberd 36 with full basement in 1994. other than remodel. Most of the houses on this site have full basement very uncommon in Southern California

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks