Building Drain - Stack Connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Stephan82

Reaction score
Hello

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

My question pertains to the horizontal building drain layout. I'm doing a renovation to my house. I'm moving and adding bathrooms so I have to change the building drain. Is there a minimum distance that 45 WYE in the building drain that branch out to connect the vertical stacks have to be spaced apart?

I have attached my plan for the building drain layout

Attachments

• Building Drain.pdf
    125.2 KB · Views: 348

Stephan82

Reaction score
In reading up on the installation procedure for a Backwater Valve (seriously considering one given all the flooding in Ontario at the moment and the ease of install given my current rebuilt), I believe I may have stumbled upon a standard distance. In the instructions it states that in order to achieve laminar flow through the valve body that no 45 WYE should be within 2 feet. I will go with this unless I find something else in the OBC.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks