Buderus set up, wood boiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

R.S

Reaction score
Hi.

We bought a house which was already set up with a Buderus warmwater heating system (floors and DHW) with wood burner. All instructions are in german and I'm having a hard time finding an english version. It's hard to get a full grasp on the system when having to translate bits and pieces.

I'll ad some pics of the setup. If anyone has a similar system, can you please explain how you go about running the system?

We fill it half way up with wood, pull out the lever on the top right hand side and light it up.
When exhaust temp runs about 350 F, I push the lever in again. I turn the DHW heating element off.
I turn the DHW heating element on 140 F again, when the wood burner is finished.

Coincidentally, while writing this, it seems that there is some problem with the circulation as the temp at the top section of the buffer tank is about 150 F while the bottom section remains at 93 F even after running the wood burner for over an hour.

Reaction score
To help translate your manual, try Google Translate app on your mobile phone. There is a mode to use the camera to look at the manual and translate it on the fly. It should be enough to get you to understand most of what is in the manual.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks