Brown water

Users who are viewing this thread

plrtb

Reaction score
Our development uses water supplied by AquaTexas from a large well. We have a tankless water heater. We have copper pipes.
When we turn on the hot water in the Jacuzzi tub in the master bath, we get brown water for several minutes, and dirt residue in the tub. The cold water is clear.
No other faucets in the house get brown water, even in the guest baths which are used only infrequently.
Last time we ran the Jacuzzi tub hot water, we got some very small metal chips which look like solder.
Any ideas about what's going on? Would a water filter system help?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is there maybe some hidden galvanized pipe feeding the Jacuzzi tub?

Sluggo

Reaction score
How frequently do you run the tub? The olumbing in my house is relatively new 10 year old copper, but I get a second or two of muddiness/rust when I first turn on the tap to a laundry tub that gets used about once every two months. As for the chips, could be some old excess solder inside the copper piping that finally broke loose, or could be some particles from a pump motor that's degrading. If you see these solder chips again, collect them and try to melt them with a propane torch to determine if they are solder or some other metal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks