Broken water radiator pipe fixed, but produces no heat!

Users who are viewing this thread

JRJ

Reaction score
If this is not the best forum for this querry, please redirect me.

I live in a three story row house built around 1960 with a water based radiator heat system. In January water started leaking into the bottom floor apartment. It turned out that a pipe imbedded in the wall and feeding water to the radiator below was cracked (frozen?). A plumber came in and broke the wall above the radiator and welded a new pipe in place, but now there is no heat from that radiator even though the radiator in the next room provides heat; as my plumber is currently unavailable, does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be, before I plunk down more money for another plumber?

Thanks.

Last edited:

therookie

Reaction score
Yes, it's air locked. Do you have a bleeder at the top? You should. Open that bleeder to let the air escape.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks