Broken pot filler fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Flux

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here.

I heard some water behind my kitchen pot filler the other day after just moving in. I was able to diagnose it pretty quick and shut off the valve to the pot filler to stop the leak so I don't think any major damage was done.

In any case, I cut a piece of drywall out of my powder room wall and determined that the leak looks to be coming from the brass fitting that connects the pot filler to the PEX piping.

I can't determine the manufacturer of the pot filler, but it looks like it may have been installed incorrectly.

The silly question is, is anyone able to determine the best path to remove the pot filler from the wall? There are no screws securing the retention ring and it is missing the allen screw that connects the ring to the nipple. Replacing the fitting should be a fairly easy job, but I don't want to damage the pot filler. I can apply some pressure to it and turn the entire arm and ring together, but I feel like this isn't the correct way to do it. I'm not sure if it was just "glued" together or what, because it seems to be in there tight, but with no screws of any kind securing it to the nipple.

I've included some pics.

Let me know of any thoughts and thanks for any help.

Frank

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpg
    IMG_3440.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3442.jpg
    IMG_3442.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3444.jpg
    IMG_3444.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3446.jpg
    IMG_3446.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 177
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks