Broken pipe piece

Users who are viewing this thread

winnipeg@07

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am trying to get a piece of plastic threaded pipe 2" out of my CI stack but I am having trouble getting a hold of it because it is so small. Does anyone have an easy way to get this out?

Thank's for the reply, what I mean is the male plastic piece which fits into the CI stack has broken off leaving the entire threaded part inside the CI stack. There is only about a quarter inch of plastic sticking up and when I put the wrench on it, I cant get it to turn. I think it's glued in there or something.

Last edited:

Ladiesman271

Homeowner
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am trying to get a piece of plastic threaded pipe 2" out of my CI stack but I am having trouble getting a hold of it because it is so small. Does anyone have an easy way to get this out?

Thank's for the reply, what I mean is the male plastic piece which fits into the CI stack has broken off leaving the entire threaded part inside the CI stack. There is only about a quarter inch of plastic sticking up and when I put the wrench on it, I cant get it to turn. I think it's glued in there or something.

Glue another smaller diameter piece of plastic into the existing plastic piece. Then you have something to work with.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
This is one of those cases where someone with years of experiance would have no problem at all in removing the offending bit of plastic. One of those things that pops up all the time and the diy programs never show you. Their stuff always slides apart like it was buttered. Hacksaw blade and a flat blade screwdriver. Be gentle, be patient. May the force be with you.

Attachments

• yoda.jpg
    yoda.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 267
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks