Broken outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Christy N

Reaction score
My outdoor faucet is broken. It leaks when not on, and water sprays from the top part (sorry don't know the terminology) when it's turned on. I don't have access to the pipes from inside my house, unless it's behind a wall or something. Any suggestions on the easiest way to fix this?? Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 252

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sprays from here is the vacuum breaker. Sometimes the small O-ring separates under the cap. That is a thread on replacement part, if you know who makes your faucet. Normally less than a $10 part.

Water drips from here, you need a hose washer. They sell them in packs for a few dollars at any garden store. Or maybe just snug it up.

Last edited:

Christy N

Reaction score
Sprays from here is the vacuum breaker. Sometimes the small O-ring seperates under the cap. That is a thread on replacement part, if you know who makes your faucet. Normally less than a $10 part.

Water drips from here, you need a hose washer. They sell them in packs for a few dollars at any garden store. Or maybe just snug it up.

Ok thanks. I'll check on the vacuum breaker part.

The part where the hose connects, the problem is, it drips when there is no hose attached. I attach a hose to divert the water from dripping and sitting right up against the siding of my house :/

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The part where the hose connects, the problem is, it drips when there is no hose attached. I attach a hose to divert the water from dripping and sitting right up against the siding of my house :/

The end of the faucet unthreads and then the long stem will have a rubber washer at the end which can be replaced.
Most of the time, we just replace the entire faucet.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The faucet closely resembles an Arrowhead Brass & Plumbing (ABP) Frost free anti-siphon 420 Series hydrant

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks