Broken drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Dony

Reaction score
Hello,
While removing the drain assembly parts of the drain pile got broken. What i the best way to fix it and put a new drain assembly?

Thanks

Dony

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 305

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have the broken piece?
Is that a floor?
How far above the floor is the top of the pipe?
How far above the floor is the bottom of the broken-out area?
What size pipe is this?
What will be going above that pipe? You say drain assembly... lavatory drain, floor drain, what?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You may have to chip away some of the concrete to make a connection after you cut the pipe into a straight surface, clean and sand.

Dony

Reaction score
Do you have the broken piece?
Is that a floor?
How far above the floor is the top of the pipe?
How far above the floor is the bottom of the broken-out area?
What size pipe is this?
What will be going above that pipe? You say drain assembly... lavatory drain, floor drain, what?

Yes, this is in a concrete floor. I dug out the shower drain . Top of the pipe is 1 3/4 inches lower than the floor. pipe is broken about an inch from the top . A shower drain need to be installed . Standard 2" pipe.

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes, this is in a concrete floor. I dug out the shower drain . Top of the pipe is 1 3/4 inches lower than the floor. pipe is broken about an inch from the top . A shower drain need to be installed . Standard 2" pipe.
While I might try gluing the broken piece in, the experienced people are suggesting that you dig down enough.

A PVC extender could be useful if you dig down. https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/2-pipe-extender-pipe-o-d-spigot-x-pipe-i-d-spigot-s0301-20.html

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks