Brizo Model 63500 Faucet Hose Quick Connection is Frozen

Users who are viewing this thread

Michaelco

Reaction score
I am trying to replace the hose on faucet, and it won't disconnect. I have removed the plastic clip that locks it onto the copper line, but pulling down on the fitting doesn't have much affect. There is a difference in the connector when comparing the replacement hose and the old hose. The replacement has a one piece brass fitting, and this one is either broken, or is a two piece assembly. In any case, the cylinder (or sleeve) which has a slot (that the locking clip engages) is free to slide down (see blue arrow in picture). I don't remember how this was when it was installed 12 years ago, and this may be normal (using tapers to aid the locking of the connection).
There isn't a lot of room, but I tried rotating the hose fitting (just below the blue arrow), with no luck. Tried squirting some vinegar at the top of the fitting in case there was mineral deposits - still no luck. I have thought of using a heat gun, but would need to protect a plastic piece from melting.
Looking for ideas on other things to try.
Thanks in advance.

IMG_3846.jpg

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only thing holding the hose once the clip it removed is an o-ring. Since the oring has been in the same position since new it will take more force by trying to twist and pull down at the same time. Parts below.

RP32522-B1.jpg

Attachments

• BPD-K-63500.pdf
    112.5 KB · Views: 157

Michaelco

Reaction score
The only thing holding the hose once the clip it removed is an o-ring. Since the oring has been in the same position since new it will take more force by trying to twist and pull down at the same time. Parts below.
I have seen the o-ring in the replacement hose. So, you think the o-ring is enough to make it difficult to disconnect - would heating up the connector help soften up the o-ring to make it a little easier to disconnect? I have used pliers on the hose end, to get a better grip, and applied quite a bit of force as I'm rotating the pliers - concerned I will damage the copper tubing - not likely to be an issue, or should I be cautious??

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
A small amount of heat will expand the outer sleeve and probably work. The o-ring is neoprene not rubber and can harden with too much heat.

Michaelco

Reaction score
A small amount of heat will expand the outer sleeve and probably work. The o-ring is neoprene not rubber and can harden with too much heat.
Thanks for the help - Don't know if the heat made the difference, or just the accumulation of all the rotating and pulling did it - but, in any case, replaced the hose and no leaks.
Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks