Brine tank full of water

Users who are viewing this thread

whatnow53548

Reaction score
I have a Fleck 5600SE valve and when my softener finishes regenerating the brine tank ends up being about half full of water. Any idea what would be causing this.....shouldnt the amount of water in the tank be lower than the salt level? thanks for your help.

bob

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The amount of water put back in the salt tank at the end of a regeneration with a 5600 valve is always the same volume in gallons. The volume/level of salt is always being reduced because the salt is dissolved into the water that is then sucked out of the tank as brine during the brine draw/slow rinse part of the next regeneration.

The salt displaces the water so there is no way to say if there is too much water in the tank by marking the water level and doing a manual regeneration and checking the mark. So IOW both the salt level and the water level will vary constantly.

If the softener is working right, producing 0 gpg soft water from one regeneration to the next consistently, there's nothing wrong. If the water level consistently increases the water isn't being all sucked out and there is a problem and you'll get harder water until the softener isn't removing any hardness.

whatnow53548

Reaction score
Ok, the water level does not increase.....it is high enough in the tank so that if I add 100 pounds of salt the water is still above the salt level. So from your answer am I correct that there is not a probem since I am getting soft water? Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

bob

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Ok, the water level does not increase.....it is high enough in the tank so that if I add 100 pounds of salt the water is still above the salt level. So from your answer am I correct that there is not a probem since I am getting soft water? Thank you for your help, it is very much appreciated.

bob
Don't put enough salt in the tank to make the water rise up to and lift the float or overflow on the floor and you're good to go as long as you always have soft water between regenerations. You're welcome.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks