Brine Overflow Tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

RayN

Reaction score
Another quick question:

Can the brine overflow tubing go into the same drain as the softener pressure drain? It will not be connected physically to the softener drain and will be slope so it could gravity drain. Thanks...

Reach4

Reaction score
If you mean teed together, no. If you mean can each hose go to the same drain without being connected together, yes, if the drain is low enough.

The drain line from a softener can go uphill. The overflow cannot.

RayN

Reaction score
Thanks.... This is a pic, I found on this forum earlier. I suppose, I can have them both dump into this type of PVC drain with 2" air gap.

Attachments

• funnel_with_drains.jpg
    funnel_with_drains.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 251

Reach4

Reaction score
Regarding that picture, there are flaws. The drain lines are supposed to be open an inch above the rim of that bowl, rather than going down lower than the rim.

For pipes bigger than 1/2, the minimum is 2x the pipe size.

I don't know if the standpipe is high enough or not. There is a minimum for a washing machine standpipe, but I don't know what minimum might apply to one for a softener.

The fact that 4 sources are feeding that standpipe is not a problem.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks