Briggs Vacuity problems flushing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dellborg

Reaction score
In my first floor guest bathroom I'm on my second Briggs Vacuity that wont flush. The first one had no problems for about 5 years then started to where nothing would go down, so when I updated the master bathroom I moved that working Briggs Vacuity to the first floor guest bathroom and not long later it started doing the same thing. It seem strange to me 2 have do units having the same problem in the same location. Could it be a problem with the plumbing, may be the slope is not enough and a build up in the pipes is causing back pressure. Open to thoughts on what the problem might be.

Reach4

Reaction score
Could it be a problem with the plumbing, may be the slope is not enough and a build up in the pipes is causing back pressure. Open to thoughts on what the problem might be.
Yes. It could be a partially blocked drain line.

Try dumping water into the bowl from a big container from as high as you can as fast as you dare. Maybe that will get things moving along.

Lou Donkle

Reaction score
In my first floor guest bathroom I'm on my second Briggs Vacuity that wont flush. The first one had no problems for about 5 years then started to where nothing would go down, so when I updated the master bathroom I moved that working Briggs Vacuity to the first floor guest bathroom and not long later it started doing the same thing. It seem strange to me 2 have do units having the same problem in the same location. Could it be a problem with the plumbing, may be the slope is not enough and a build up in the pipes is causing back pressure. Open to thoughts on what the problem might be.
We had same problem on 2 Briggs Vacuity toilets. After 10-15 years the flush got worse and worse to where there was incomplete (no gurgle or glug at the end). Problem is the gasket or seal on the vacuum line between the tank and the bowl. First try to tighten the nuts connecting tank to bowl. If doesn't work, must remove tank and replace seal. I used a ton of plumbers putty and that worked fine. Toilets now flushes just like new! (Alternate search term: Fluidmaster VAC 1000 vacuum assist hardware in tank.)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks