Briggs tank replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

mbyoungster

homeowner
Reaction score
I was able to remove the plastic bolt thing on the outside bottom of the tank. I did think of cutting it in half with a saw but I actually tried one last time and tapped it very gently with a hammer and a screwdriver and was able to loosen it.

I replaced all of the guts and the toilet is working fine now, no leaking.

I guess I am once again....... wait for it...... yep..... "flush"!

Thank you everyone for your kind suggestions and for taking the time to reply to my desperate thread.

I guess I'll be back again when I get to the "crappier" part of my re-model.

slinky

Reaction score
I didn't want to start a new thread, but I have a Briggs 4930 tank, sawed off the 2 brass bolts since I am replacing
everything inside. I am aware that this tank is obsolete so I would like to know if this tank to bowl assembly
kit will fit, thanks.

http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/5...shers/tank-to-bowl-connection-kit-603170.aspx

Edit:"For American Standard", guess I have to try some local plumbing supply places.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Those are pretty generic parts. You should be okay.
You will find out soon enough though. It either holds or it doesn't. Most standard tank rebuild kits work on almost anything.

mbyoungster

homeowner
Reaction score
I replaced my Briggs 4930 tank parts with standard Fluidmaster toilet tank complete repair kit found at any big box / hardware store. If you have a bad part, I have found it wise to just replace the whole thing. The kits are pretty cheap and built to work together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks