Briggs 1.6gpf Rear Outlet Tank Replacement Only Possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

theplanets

Reaction score
Hello experts,

We currently have a Briggs 1.6gpf Rear Outlet toilet from the mid-2000s. Specs here. It's a 2 piece rear flush with a 4" rough-in.

It's been giving issues in terms of flushing, tank refill, and leaking between the tank and the bowl.

I was going to buy an entirely new toilet, but is it possible to just replace the tank itself with a newer more modern version? It seems to be less work and more economical if it is possible. Our building superintendent says that the gasket part is now hard to find and without the right gaskets, a new tank would be useless. He recommends replacing the entire unit being the easier thing to do. I'm hoping for a 2nd opinion on this.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks