BrassCraft PushConnect

Users who are viewing this thread

pjw

Reaction score
I did a ripout on our old powder room and need to replace the sink and toilet stops, since they all leak. I have no problem at all sweating pipes, but I saw this BrassCraft PushConnect thing at my plumbing supply store that intrigued me. I don't wish to go with cheap "Made in China" stuff that seems pervasive these days, so I always try to buy good stuff.

I cut off the old stops and cleaned up the pipes such that they look nice and clean, but was wondering if PushConnect stops want to be on new copper? Will they leak? Should I use them at all and sweat the stops instead? Just trying to save a few minutes, but figured I'd check with someone since last thing I need is a flood. BTW, we have well water that is 7 on the scale, untreated. Went to the company web site, but they don't have much info about condition of the existing copper pipes. I'm just assuming they must be straight, since they use "O rings".

Cheers!

Paul

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Tried something like that yrs ago once, never again.Use compression or
solder them on.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. There are two perfectly good, tried and true ways to do this. Sweat or compression, your choice. Why try an unknown product, which while maybe perfectly good also, certain will not improve the older methods.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is a Sharkbite on a stop...I use them on CPVC when I have to replace the stops...it saves time gluing the adapter on and waiting for it to set...I kinda like it in that particular situation...I was replacing the push / pull stops with supply line attached and they worked like a charm...they have the removal tool attached to the stop so it is easily removed at any time...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks