Brass pipe drain stub out too long for vanity

Users who are viewing this thread

ShaunS

Reaction score
If you can get the nipple out safely then use a 1 1/4" male adapter with a 1 1/4 PVC stub out cut to length, use a 1 1/4" trap and then use a reducer like Terry posted the picture of on your tailpiece.
Thanks, was just about to ask again about PVC. I can do that today...a brass nipple would have to wait. Orange and Blue don't carry that size and Ferguson stock is limited.

Reach4

Reaction score
436-012-4.jpg
Edit: https://www.supplyhouse.com/Spears-436-012-1-1-4-PVC-SCH-40-Male-Adapter

If not going in far, how about screwing a trap adapter into the santee?
46140-3.jpg

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Elkhart-46140-1-1-4-Copper-DWV-Male-Trap-Adapter-M-x-Slip-Joint

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Normally you see a galvanized nipple from the wall to a lav. Not my favorite, but that's how those were done.
Standard threads that take a 1-1/4" slip joint nut and washer.

reach4-trap-and-nut.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
But what does the hole in the wall look like? Could be hard to get a well lit picture (and not really required for our assistance, but I'm curious).

Cheers, Wayne

ShaunS

Reaction score
Alright, got it all squared away (except for not realizing I was out of PVC cement when I went to HD, doh!). Got a 1.25" MPT to 1.5" socket adapter. Screwed it right in after enlarging the hole in the drywall. Will either go with a street elbow then the trap adapter, or the trap adapter straight into it, depending on what works out when I've got the vanity all in there. Thanks everyone!

Parts

shawns-06.jpg

All done for now

shawns-07.jpg

Bonus pic of Jr. Plumber

shawns-08.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks