Brass manifold valve weeping water

Users who are viewing this thread

ctnative

Reaction score
I had a new water pressure tank and all related parts installed 03/2014 by a local plumbing company. The brass manifold that connects the inlet, tank, outlet to house supply, pressure meter,drain, and pressure relief valve has started to weep water around the last two exterior threads on the house supply end. The past few months there's always a small puddle on the floor and a small drip accumulated at the bottom of the threads. If I wipe it dry it comes back within 10 minutes. I'm assuming that the brass is corroding from the inside causing the water to seep through. I'm also assuming that this is an early warning sign of an impending catastrophic failure which could be costly and that I should have it replaced sooner rather than later. Before deciding if I'm going to replace it myself or call the plumbing company back in are these types of fittings normally covered under any sort of a manufactures defect warranty? Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• KIMG2489.jpg
    KIMG2489.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 161

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest you figure out if the weeping is from the left of the big brass threads shown, or to the right. Tie a cotton string/cord just right of those threads, and another immediately left of those threads. Which one gets wet?

If right, tie more cords up higher and on the pipe leading horizontally into the pressure tank... or go ahead and add some other cords at the same time that you place the first two.

If it really is the left, as you think, give that fitting with the blue tape another 1/4 turn or so clockwise if the piping to the left allows that. If that piping is all soldered, there is probably a way to fix that. The plumbing company could deal with that, but it is long out of warranty.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks