126 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200520_143558.jpg
    20200520_143558.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 166

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
EASY fix ..

Luckily the installer was not a mechanic as he /she only bent the lead over the brass flange so it is easy to pry the lead up off the flange and remove the old brass one

Now get a drill and wire wheel wear gigglers and gloves and face mask and clean the lead as shinny as possible

Get a new brass floor flange use emery cloth and shine it up as much as possible

With the outside of the lead pipe shinny you can now flux the flange and flange and using a SMALL ball peen hammer or wooden or rubber mallet set the flange so with the Johnni bolts and measure to make sure they are equally off the wall normally 12"

Make sure you have a little of the lead bend just slightly inside the flange and tap it tightly against the fluxed flange and fluxed pipe

With a small flame or soldering copper heat the brass flange playing the flame so your not over heating one spot using either
40 /60 or 50 /50 bar solder you can solder the lead to the brass flange .

just make sure not to melt the actual lead pipe if you do then you will need either a deeper floor flange or make a cup joint

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would cut out that section of plywood and re cut a hole the size of the drain then if what Sylvan said doesn't work for you I would try one of these toilet flanges.

Attachments

• 43539_bottom.jpg
    43539_bottom.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 135
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks