Brass into plastic?

Users who are viewing this thread

curt61

Reaction score
Got old submersible pump out and all the fittings on outlet are brass.The new Flotec pump has plastic outlet versus metal/brass on old one.Can I reuse the brass setup or do I need to get plastic....some teflon tape also?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes you can screw brass into plastic. Just don't split the plastic. Too much Teflon acts like a wedge, and just pipe dope is too slippery and will let you tighten too far. Use a little Teflon and just the right amount of tight.

curt61

Reaction score
Yes you can screw brass into plastic. Just don't split the plastic. Too much Teflon acts like a wedge, and just pipe dope is too slippery and will let you tighten too far. Use a little Teflon and just the right amount of tight.

Read a previous posting that says hand tight then 1/2 turn,sure the heck dont wanna crack it..done mechanics for years so do have a feel for things.....one last question,the Flotec pump has a check valve in the pump..so no need for my brass one,correct?

curt61

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help and info,great site...just going with built in check valve and going to finish up this morn,did find a pump protector also so hopefully get at least 10 years out of this new pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks