Brand new Toto Entrada low water level

Users who are viewing this thread

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 1.28GPF Toto Entrada that uses the e max system. Upon first fill I noticed the fill tube wasn't placed in the overflow , cool easy fix. Although it's much better it still seems awfully low. If I add water manually it fills up quite a bit more until it reaches the internal "elbow" to flush. I had to shim the rear about a 1/4 inch and it may still be ever so slightly leaning back. Am I just being paranoid? Is this the correct water level for bowl?

Attachments

• 20210211_111122.jpg
    20210211_111122.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 20210211_111117.jpg
    20210211_111117.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 266
  • 20210211_111107.jpg
    20210211_111107.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 428

Reach4

Reaction score
If I add water manually it fills up quite a bit more until it reaches the internal "elbow" to flush.
If adding water manually makes the water level rise, and stay up for 10 minutes, you have a problem IMO.

How high does the water in the tank get, compared to the height of the overflow tube?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is low for the Entrada.
Good pick up on noting that the hose should have been pointed down the overflow tube to help refill the bowl water.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
The water in the tank rises to exactly 1/2" below edge of overflow tube as the instructions dictate. I checked the toilets level and its nearly perfect. Water PSI is 75 (I tried reducing valve a little to see if it made any difference, it did not). Water does trickle out of the top of fill valve and back into the tank when it's in action (I've read this is normal). It's like the fill tube isn't staying on long enough...Oh and I adjusted the chain to a closer notch on the arm to reduce slack and that made no difference either.

There doesn't seem to be any adjustment screw as the manual states it is set at the factory.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That fill valve is factory set for the 1.28 flush and little bowl fill. They also make one with the blue cap and silver cap that have and adjustable bowl refill. So does Fluidmaster.
That being side, it is low for what I'm used to seeing from those. If the front of the bowl is higher than normal, that could also tip water out the back, though you did mention that the shims are at the back, which tends to increase bowl water depth.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
I checked the level of the bowl with a bubble level, it's fine. Here is a link to a video I just made of the "leaky" fill valve.

If I hold the handle down and flush with the entire tank it fills the bowl to correct water spot.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Call Toto cust. service. They will surely send you a fill valve.
You don't even need to remove the existing shank. Remove the white safety lock piece on the shank, then (with the water off), rotate the main assembly and it will disengage from the shank. There are surely youtube videos.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
Is this amount of seepage normal? It really just seems like not enough water is going to the bowl, like of I hope the handle down longer to make the flush cycle take longer it fills past the internal elbow and has a full bowl of water which looks more correct.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
I think I'll pickup a korky platinum fill valve and see if it performs the same way. That way I don't sound like an idiot when I call Toto claiming I need a new one. 10 dollar experiment is worth it, for science.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think I'll pickup a korky platinum fill valve and see if it performs the same way. That way I don't sound like an idiot when I call Toto claiming I need a new one. 10 dollar experiment is worth it, for science.
Since that has an adjustable refill, that should let you tune refill to optimum. So good move.

Another option could be an adjustable flapper. If you tuned that to use more water during a flush, that would increase bowl fill with your current fill valve -- similar to your holding down the handle experiment. That would take more water, of course. I guess based on your experiment, a lot more.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
I installed a platinum korky 528 with adjustable valve on overflow tube. After a little bit of adjustment it now fills perfectly. This was the 10 dollar one from Lowes. I noticed they also sell a "2x quality" version for 14 maybe I'll get that next time. I'll contact Toto and see if they'll send me a replacement for the original that I can keep on hand. Overall I'm still pleased with the toto entrada toilet. It's 100% better than the 30 year old basement low height it was replacing. This was also my first toilet install in my first house ( I'm a 33 year old happily married father of 2). So eventually I hope to do the other 2 toilets in my house. This was sort of a practice job. Thanks for the feedback guys. And thanks to this forum for the detailed insight into real life plumbing.

Digitaldave11

Reaction score
Do people reccomend calling or emailing or something else to contact Toto? I'd just like to inform them of my issue and solution and hopefully maybe get a replacement for the original fill valve to have on hand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks