Brand new Toto CTS744SG performance drops off after 3 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

David Groat

Reaction score
I installed a brand new Toto CTS744SG over the Christmas break. For 3 weeks it worked great - powerful flush and everything went down smoothly. Then, this past weekend one of my friends, who is known for his epically huge turds, managed to plug it up solid. After plunging it out it hasn't worked right since. The flush is suddenly very weak and it plugs up with anything solid. I've plunged it several times and even poured a 2 gallon pail of water into the bowl - seems to go down fine - but I can't locate the problem.

Just now I got fed up and pulled the toilet off the floor - there are absolutely no blockages. All the other fixtures in the house drain as well as they ever did. What on earth changed?

David Groat

Reaction score
How do you know there are no blockages?

I've chased out the toilet circut with a snake and I've poured buckets of water down the drain hole. I actually did have the system back up a couple years ago where water came up thru an access trap in the basement. That hasn't happened. Not sure what else to try.

Reach4

Reaction score
Get a 5 gallon bucket or big waste can, and pour water into the bowl from as high as you dare as fast as you dare. See if the high flow moves things along.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks