Brand new, leaking Moen tub filler. Normal? Can I fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

OnlyinCali

Reaction score
Our brand new Moen tub filler always has a small stream coming out of it when showering. We already have very low water pressure (38psi) so I would like to eliminate any leakage of pressure. Is this normal? Any way to stop it so our shower head gets 100% of the pressure/water available out of the valve?

Reach4

Reaction score
Our brand new Moen tub filler always has a small stream coming out of it when showering. We already have very low water pressure (38psi) so I would like to eliminate any leakage of pressure. Is this normal? Any way to stop it so our shower head gets 100% of the pressure/water available out of the valve?
There are some spouts that dribble much less than most. Some leakage is I think required, but most dribble much more than required. So yours is normal. Here are some that dribble less:
Delta Faucet RP17454 Tub Spout Pull-Down Diverter, Chrome
(RP17453 is same but plastic) RP5836 similar but adapter has set screw.

Are there some Moen spouts that don't dribble much? I don't know.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
They almost ALL dribble, because, unlike the Delta pull down, they require gravity to reset and gravity cannot work if the shower riser is full of water, so they leak to drain it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks