Braided lines outside

Users who are viewing this thread

Rdura

Reaction score
Hello, I mounted a Steibel water heater outside due to space constraints and used braided steel supply lines. I'm curious to know how these will weather, and this is not my profession. My area rarely gets to freezing, maybe 3-5 nights per year. The supply lines will have direct sunlight in the Summer for about two hours per day. I didn't use rigid copper because I was thinking sweating on a male 1/2 thread would be easier. That said, I am not opposed to doing it another way. The distance from the copper pipe (braided section) to the heater is less than twelve inches. Building a wooden box to cover the heater and supply lines is not difficult for me to make and mount.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks