Bradley Residential Kitchen Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to fix or replace a leaky Bradley residential single-handle kitchen faucet next week. I've researched this and I know finding parts will be difficult. The home-owner says that he tried to replace a half-dollar sized rubber gasket a few times, but the leak (through the spout) continues. I never heard of either the faucet or this type of gasket. I thought that there might just be a cartridge to replace, if it is still available.

Any info on this would help.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Verdeboy,
If you can't find the parts, that's not your fault.

If the faucet is over 20 years old, it's living on borrowed time.

Last edited:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Some faucets aren't easily replaced. There was one that was part of the sink. To replace the faucet would mean replacing the whole sink/cabinet assembly. Then again, this thing was a monstrosity and probably would serve the residence better replaced, anyway. Some parts and faucets are obsolete and serve only to induce a headache.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded.

As for why I would spend a lot of time researching a faucet repair, I like to gain as much knowledge as I can, so both the the customer and myself can make an informed decision on how to proceed.

Most of my customers are near the poverty level, so they generally prefer to fix things, if possible, even very old things, rather than replace them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Sometimes you have to give them the economic reality that repairing it can cost more in labor than a new installation would. Second, the new one will not need repairing for a long time, if ever. Third, eventually repairs will be difficult or impossible as parts sources disappear, and the new faucet will NEVER cost less than it does now. These facts do not apply to all faucets, just the less popular, rarer, brands.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Update:

Turns out my Spanish skills let me down, and it was really a Bradley tub faucet, not a kitchen faucet.

It also turned out that most of the shower tiles were missing, the drywall beneath them was all rotted out, and there was black mold everywhere. Water was spraying out of the faucet into the tub, behind the tub...

The plumbing supply house said they could special order a cartridge, but I decided to try the Danco "perfect match," instead, from the hardware store. It looked just like the one I pulled out, and all the seals were the same. But, after I installed the kit, water was still dripping out of the faucet. The owner said he had been using the Danco for years, and it always worked until recently. I figure there must be some defect in the valve body itself. I told him to call a plumber to replace the whole thing with a Delta, and I would come back to retile his shower. He said, he thinks his homeowners insurance will pay for everything. I said, "Good luck with that," and I got the hell out of there.

BTW, in addition to the moldy, rotted hell-hole of a bathroom, all the doors were kicked in and all the wall plate covers were missing, exposing hot wires to their children. Incredibly, they had a giant flat screen TV and a brand new F-150 truck parked in the driveway. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks