Bradford White serial number Mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Its.me.again

Reaction score
The tank model is MINS30T6LX13.
The serial number is BD6142865.

Is this thing a 1985 or a 2005?
It is a 30 gallon, "tall" propane with a side feed cold inlet and a top exit for the hot.

It was in my boyfriend's mobile home when he bought it, but we took it out and replaced it with an electric hot water tank. We think that the propane water heater was leaking raw propane at the control valve.

The mobile was a 1987 year model, but it was placed on its own land plot in the early 2000's. The mobile was vacant for 3 years before he bought it in 2010.

Could a 1985 hot water tank last 25 years, considering it may have had at least 5 years of drained non-use?

Damm that company for not just being normal and stamping a normal month/date manufacture number.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the luck of the draw, a tank can last that long. It depends on both the water quality, use, and luck.

Few of them stamp an easily readable date. Have you tried their website to decode the date?

bradford-white-age-800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As you already know, a first letter B means 1985 OR 2005. Here is the dope from BW warranty query:
Model: MIMS30T6LX13
Type: RES GAS
Manufactured: Apr 26,
Warranty Length: Tank 6 years-Parts 6 years
Warranty expired: Jul 31, 2011
Locate a Contractor
Click Here for your Warranty
Example

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks