Bradford White re350s6-1ncww anode access

Users who are viewing this thread

cmjb13

Reaction score
Just had a 15 year AO Smith replaced with a Bradford White re350s6-1ncww.

For future reference, I was trying to identify where to access the anode.

Unless I’m mistaken, this model apparently has the anode built into the hot side.

I’m not familiar with the type of plumbing connection used (see attached picture)

Is there a way to twist and/or slide the gold piece up and move the copper pipe above aside to remove the anode rod?

Attachments

• 7F8CBC76-BF81-4475-97BA-897F0791436A.jpeg
    7F8CBC76-BF81-4475-97BA-897F0791436A.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 662

Phog

Reaction score
That looks like a crimp-on brass female NPT fitting, which your installer used instead of a solder-on copper fitting. I don't think it's the anode rod. The anode is probably hidden under the insulation, look for a plastic plug on the top of the outer casing. You have to pry up that plug and then go digging through the foam insulation with a pocket knife. The manufacturers are making it harder and harder to replace the anode rod (they probably figure very few people actually do it anyway).

cmjb13

Reaction score
That looks like a crimp-on brass female NPT fitting, which your installer used instead of a solder-on copper fitting. I don't think it's the anode rod. The anode is probably hidden under the insulation, look for a plastic plug on the top of the outer casing. You have to pry up that plug and then go digging through the foam insulation with a pocket knife. The manufacturers are making it harder and harder to replace the anode rod (they probably figure very few people actually do it anyway).

It appears that Bradford White anode rods are combo (connected to Hot water nipple)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks