Bradford White Combi M2CTW75T10CN12

Users who are viewing this thread

dan87951

Reaction score
I have a 10 year old natural gas Bradford White model#M2CTW75T10CN12 which I believe is the Combi1. I have radiant floor heating in my basement and natural gas forced heater for up stairs. This water heater provides the hot water for our bathrooms and domestic use while also heating the floors. The problem is that power vent fan has seized up on us and quite working. I have some back ground in electric motors so I was able to take apart the motor clean the contacts and get it going again however now the water heater burner only fires for a few minutes at a time before shutting off. I noticed in the wiring diagram that the power vent must be operational before the burner will kick on. Is there some kind of sensor in there that tells it how much air flow is going? I'm thinking the fan doesn't have enough power even after cleaning it to allow it to kick on? Are there cheap fan solutions? The top of my water heater is already pretty rusted so i'm trying to figure out if I want to put money in this one or just replace it.

Does anyone know if this is the new replacement for my old water heater cdw2tw75t10bn? It's a bradford white combi2. If there any other cheaper solutions you are aware of please let me know.

Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
BW is an excellent water heater, but 10 years on any heater is old age. While it is entirely possible that repairs could be made that would extend the life for a period of time, but it might not be the best way to go given the age of the heater. You have asked some questions I can not comment on, but it might be worth cost of calling a repairman that would have the answers.

dan87951

Reaction score
Already called a repair man and they were not comfortable working on this unit.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
What contacts would you clean on a power vent motor? It should be a shaded pole motor, with no start contacts.

More likely you have bad bearings which slow the fan speed [shaded pole motors can run under difficult conditions and often not pop a breaker even when stalled] and your flow sensor says to the gas, not enough air.

I would change the blower motor or re-evaluate your repair [bearings?] and the anode on the tank and you might get another 10 years.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks