Bradford power vent: pressure switch or blower temp switch open

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard Hornback

Reaction score
My water heater is giving me an error code. 3 flashes follow by a 3 second pause. According to a manual this means : Pressure switch or blower temp. switch not working -open position.

I took the power vent casing off. Removed the pressure switch. Tested continuity with my multi-meter. Nothing. Then I gently sucked in the tub and got continuity with my multi meter (yeah no very scientific but).

I put my multimeter on the blower temp switch and it is getting continuity.

When I turn on the control unit for the blower (at the bottom where the led light is) the system tries to reset itself and then immediately goes into this error code. I do not hear a blower start up.

I am frustrated because I thought I could figure this out but the unit seems OK based on the error code I am getting. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Richard Hornback

Reaction score
Just a quick reply. I removed the power vent. Shook it out. There was some garbage in where the fan blade was. I guess somehow it go in through the outside vent or when the house was built.

Anyway the fan blade turns freely. Not sure what to do next.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks