Brad-White prv leaking on hot-water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

weigelbrood

Reaction score
I just installed a used 40gal propane water heater, flushed and filled. Now the prv is leaking. About 1 gal/2hrs or thereabouts. It leaks whether the water in the tank is cold or hot. I tested the valve and it does work, but seems to not close all the way.

Is there a way to remove it and clean mineral deposits away or just replace?

Its history included use a pool water heater. Could chlorine have corroded any interior parts or the valve itself?

Thanks.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Check the pressure and verify that is not why the valve is opening.

If the pressure is okay replace the valve.

weigelbrood

Reaction score
Prv leaking

I installed a used water heater to save the nearly $800 or more of buying a new water heater and having it installed by a pro, and getting the satisfaction of doing something by myself.

At the same time, I replaced all the copper in my house with pex, and added a whole house filter and water softener. Everything is working excellent.

Thanks for your input!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks