Both Sinks and Dishwasher Backing Up

Users who are viewing this thread

bliv11

Reaction score
i have a double sink. The left side has my garbage disposal and the right a sink. I also have a dishwasher left of my disposal. A couple of days ago I noticed that the water took a long time to drain and when I ran my disposal the right side sink would fill up. I assume is a partial blockage because the water slowly drains. Tonight I opened up my dishwasher and to my surprise it was full of water. Now it was time to deal with it. I first started under my sink taking off and checking the pipe that runs from disposal to sink. All clear for that. Then I went to pea trap on sink side and again all clear. Then I looked through the pipe that runs out of my kitchen and nothing there! I then removed my entire dishwasher from the cabinet and checked the drain that runs to my sink. All clear. I then checked my water pump, filter, and everything on dishwasher. NO CLOGS!! I'm stumped so I put everything together, ran some water and same crap as before!!

Please, somebody give me some advice and my next steps. My whole system is clear with no blockage!!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
All 3 drains, the 2 sinks and DW, probable join together into one drain pipe, that goes to the main. You have a blockage between that point and the main.
Snake this line past the trap. When you disconnect the trap, have a bowl to catch the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks