Bosch Aquastar 2500

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotscot

Reaction score
Hi All

We've had this model for @ 14 years.
Propane model. Well water/Whirlpool whole house sediment filter/Whirlpool Water Softener (Not high end.)
The heater has been working pretty well but recently, at intermittent times, it's failed to ignite. During that time it has an 'Er' flashing, presumably it means error. No apparent specific error number or code.
I usually progress by hitting Reset several times however the error is increasing in frequency.

I'm handy with tools however little plumbing experience.
I'm wary of electricity and propane and would make sure these were off if I need to open the case.

Any suggestions to diagnose?

Additionally I have noticed over the years that our faucets and shower heads have been clogging a little with minerals from the water. I'm wondering if that would be the obvious issue and should consider descaling if I can tackle it?

(And it looks like the original plumber did not install service valves...)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks