Users who are viewing this thread

dcourtney

Reaction score
I'm in the process of adding a bar sink in my basement and am confused as to how many studs I can bore holes in. I need to run a 1.5" pvc waste line through 6 successive studs in a non load bearing wall.
This is the code that has me confused.
"Bored holes not greater than 60 percent of the width of the stud are permitted in nonbearing partitions or in any wall where each bored stud is doubled, provided not more than two such successive doubled studs are so bored."
I interpret this as bored holes up to 60% on non load bearing walls with no limit to amount of successive studs that can be bored. On load bearing, 60% if the studs are doubled and you may only bore in two successive studs in this case.
Am I interpretting this correct?
Thanks for the advice!
Dave

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks