BOILING HOT WATER from my cold water tap!! Help Please.

Users who are viewing this thread

FERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Why is Boiling Hot Water coming through my cold water tap? It happens at the main floor bidet & sink. I'm not mixing the separate cold and hot water controls (on the bidet) - I know which is which. It also happens at the main floor bathroom sink. Even the toilet tank is warm to hot(the water in the toilet tank is hot). Please help.

Reach4

Reaction score
Do any of your cold taps produce cold water?

Is there a mixing valve at your water heater?

FERNANDEZ

Reaction score
Yes, cold water finally comes from the cold water tap, but there's no telling when the child water tap is loaded with the ♨water. It'll happen at 2am,10am,pm etc.

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Is there a way that you can walk me through finding out?
Post a picture of the pipes and such around the top of the water heater. That is typically where that would be.

Faucets and such can be a source of crossover also. To find that, run a cold faucet, that gets hot, slowly. Go feel the cold pipe serving each faucet, and feel which is hottest.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
A cross flow can happen at single handle shower faucets, if the faucet is worn or not installed correctly. Also if you add an extra shut off on the shower that can cause this problem. A “Y” connect hose on a hot and a cold faucet can cause this problem too.

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Extra shut off.jpg
do you have an extra shut off valve on your shower?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes, I had a rainfall showerhead installed it does have a directional switch. It switches the flow from the rainfall to the handheld.
It would be a valve that could shut the water off and then you do not shut the water off at the main shower valve when you finish showering. I'm not talking about a diverter valve unless it shuts the water off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks