Boiler sealant

Users who are viewing this thread

Pete C

Reaction score
20 year old HB Smith boiler. Leaking at the tankless coil plate.

I was planning to swap to a heat pump this year thanks to 6 dollar oil. But, apparently so is everyone else. No one has them in stock until sometime next year.

I do still plan to swap over. I have 2 options, well three if I include running a handful of electric space heaters!

Option 1 is throw a bottle of sealant into this rust bucket and hope it works.

Option 2, I have found on craigslist the exact same boiler but in much better shape. I can get it for 450. The seller is an HVAC contractor it is in his own house still operating. So, I assume it has been maintained well. He said the burner was recently rebuilt. He said he'd deliver it and help me hooking it up, for 650.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is the same question as before. Unless two people found the same guy on Craigslist.

Buy the used boiler.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks