Boiler Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Ki23

Reaction score
Hello all,
I had a Lockinvar Knight 085 installed last year and it's been working great. It appears as though my primary pump keeps starting/turning off for no reason. Even when the Tstats are not calling for heat, it makes a banging sound and the pump gets really hot. I have even shut the entire boiler down and the pump still makes the noise. The only way I can get it to stop is to kill the power to boiler/pump and then it obviously stops. I have a video but it won't let me post without a URL.

Any ideas?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Model of the boiler a whn 085? There is timer for post running normally set at 60 seconds and it's adjustable also under operational info C shows if pump is calling or not.

Ki23

Reaction score
Model of the boiler a whn 085? There is timer for post running normally set at 60 seconds and it's adjustable also under operational info C shows if pump is calling or not.
That is the correct model number. I’m not familiar with operational info C. What are you referring to?

Paulypfunk

In the Trades
Reaction score
Possibly an intermittent short in your wiring somewhere. Do you have high voltage and low voltage wiring run in the same conduit? You might be getting ghost signaling.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks