Boiler problems

Users who are viewing this thread

bassmaster

Reaction score
New in a house where I have been having problems with my gas fired hot water boiler. It does not heat water more than 100 degrees. Boiler runs an hour before it comes up to themostat demand. Takes a long time to heat up cast iron radiators. When they do heat up they are only warm not really hot. Could this be an impeller problem because the water is not circulating fast enough? If not would a possible solution be an aquastat? Triple Auquastat? I know nothing about boilers. A service guy came and said the boiler was too small and needed a bigger boiler. He said everything was running fine. $135 please. The boiler has been here for 20+ years so I can't believe that is the problem. Any ideas?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What is the btu rating of the boiler and how many radiators and approximatly how big are they.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks