Boiler pressure drops when call for heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Just doesn’t seem right and don’t want any long term issues if I can fix it now.
I am not expert on this, but it seems to me that if the pressure gauge is on the suction side of the circulation pump, the indicated pressure would go down when the circulation pump turns on.

Alexhoc10

Reaction score
I am not expert on this, but it seems to me that if the pressure gauge is on the suction side of the circulation pump, the indicated pressure would go down when the circulation pump turns on.
Yea I think that is what is happening. So until I’d replumb the system the right way I’m just curious if I should leave the cold water pressure at 12psi then the pump kicks on and the gauge reads about 9psi or if I should leave it how it is I upped it to 15 psi cold so when the pump cycles on it drops to 12psi

Fitter30

Reaction score
The fill and ex tank should be moved to suction side of the pump the easiest place would be to add a tee between relief valve and its pipe. Just wait till summer.

Alexhoc10

Reaction score
The fill and ex tank should be moved to suction side of the pump the easiest place would be to add a tee between relief valve and its pipe. Just wait till summer.
Ok thank you! For now leave the pressure cold at 15 so when it starts and drops it’s at 12 or put the pressure at 12 cold and when it starts and drops it’s at around 9?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Measure from bottom of boiler to the highest water level with boiler and pumps off. With that number multiply by .43 that tells you how high the water level is. If level is over your measurement by 2' your in great shape.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks