Boiler making humming noise

Users who are viewing this thread

rayians

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Beckett AFII 150 oil fired boiler, about 10 years old. Just yesterday it started to making a hi pitched humming noise, almost like a whistling noise. The thing that perplexes me the most is it only does it after it’s been running for 3-4 minutes. Once it completes that cycle, shuts off and begins to run again, it will remain quiet once again for 3-4 minutes, but after that short break it will again make the noise. I do have a diagnostic stethoscope and there seems to be a clicking noise coming from the inlet side but the hum seems to be coming from the exhaust side toward the bottom of the motor (but don't put too much weight into the stethoscope statement as I did this in about 3 minutes this morning before I had to run out the door).

Any thoughts on how to even begin diagnosing this are greatly appreciated!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Most oil burners need an annual cleaning service and inspection. has it been cleaned recently? Do you have a contract with an oil delivery company that offer repairs and service? Oil burners are really not an DIY'er since an oil fire furnace not working correctly or bad air flow can cause hi level of carbon monoxide.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks