Boiler, Little wiring help

Users who are viewing this thread

Sponger76

Reaction score
I found what I was referring to. Below the pump tables it reads; If you are not using one of the pumps listed in the above tables, use a pump with an integral check valve or install a check valve at the pump outlet.
In this case, I am using a pump from the table

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I found what I was referring to. Below the pump tables it reads; If you are not using one of the pumps listed in the above tables, use a pump with an integral check valve or install a check valve at the pump outlet.
In this case, I am using a pump from the table

Which pump(s) are you using?

Sponger76

Reaction score
I am using the wilo star s 21 f. They do not come with a check valve though so the literature is a little confusing in this instance.

Sponger76

Reaction score
This is the reading I am referring to

Attachments

• boiler page.png
    boiler page.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 167

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I am using the wilo star s 21 f. They do not come with a check valve though so the literature is a little confusing in this instance.

If the Star S-21 is the primary pump (the one driving boiler loop) there is no need for a check valve- it's a pretty beefy pump. In a primary/secondary configuration that primary pump will always be running when any (or all) of the zone pumps are running. If using multiple secondary (zone radiation loop) pumps, the zone pumps each need a check valve to block back flow when the pump isn't operating.

Sponger76

Reaction score
Ok thank you again Dana. That wasn't clear on the documentation. I spoke with a local supplier this morning and they said that the inline flange check valves wont work for what I need and that I need stand alone inline check valves. Any suggestions? Name brand, specs etc?

Sponger76

Reaction score
I'm fine tuning all the settings on my navien nhb. I have since last time I posted, installed spring check valves and plumbed the p/s manifold in. I am on day 83 of working 12 hour days consecutively and I am tired by the time I get home. My most current question is this. I installed the navien 2 zone ch controller and both the boiler and the controller have dip switches. Both have a thermostat used and unused dip switch. Should both the controller and the boiler be switched to "used" or is this a situation where the boiler thermostat is "unused" because the controller is "used"?

Sponger76

Reaction score
Never mind guys. I sat down and read the FMZ 20 manual and now I understand that the boiler "used" dip is if you are using the fmz to run your boiler pump. For example if you didn't have an Navien boiler and you were piecing 2 different brands together, you might not need a boiler pump like I do. So you would enable this dip in this scenario. My navien controls my boiler pump so in my case, the dip is disabled. Thanks again guys. You have been great help. I know someone said I should do the napkin math test (maybe dana?) And I will. BTU's in vs BTU's out. Tomorrow is another day.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks