Boiler expansion tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Taylorjm

Reaction score
So my boiler expansion tank may be bad, I'll know more when I go back to the house and check again. I was putting a new gasket in the backflow preventer union and didn't like the way it was wiggling around the feed at the top and there was some rust, so I'll go and check to see if it's rusted out. My question is, when this tank is unscrewed from it's little check valve thing, will water from the boiler drain out? I've seen the schematic and it has some kind of spring loaded check type valves in it, but I couldn't tell which way they are allowing water. So if I replace the tank, I need to know if it's something I need to do when the water is cooled and be quick about it to not let everything start draining. There's valves so it can isolate most of the water supply so not much would really be draining out, but I like to be prepared. Thanks!

Attachments

• 1124.JPG
    1124.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 303
  • 1125.JPG
    1125.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 2021-02-15 13.21.11.jpg
    2021-02-15 13.21.11.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 124
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks