Boiler controls, and recommended temp settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Dermott Howard

Reaction score
I am new to the boiler systems, I am a retired electrician.
I have a WM oil fired boiler
The questions I have are which controls is the best for my climate, taco or tekmar, and what is the recommended return temperature of the water? I live in a moderate climate(highs 80 and lows of 25) thank you

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
Return water temps of less than 140F risk copious acidic exhaust condensation in the flue, or even on the boiler's heat exchanger plates. It's possible to run the radiation at lower temp using various bypass branch plumbing strategies, etc. as long as the entering water temperature at the boiler doesn't chronically run at temps well below 140F

The control method that works most efficiently isn't particularly related to the climate- it has more to do with the ratio of amount of radiation and thermal mass (per zone, if multi-zoned) for the boiler output BTUs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks