Boiler clicking but not firing for 3 under floor heating zones

Users who are viewing this thread

Aaron Beatty

Reaction score
Hi,

My underfloor heating is not working. I have multiple zones and all are working apart from the three for the underfloor heating.

I changed the zone valve assembly on one of the zones, but this made no difference. When I switch the heat on for any of the underfloor heating zones, I can hear the boiler click, but it does not fire up.

On any of the other zones, when I turn the heat on the boiler fires up as expected. If one of the underfloor heating zones are switched on and I then fire the furnace up for one of the zones that does work, still no heat gets to the under floor heating.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Are there separate circulators, or one circulator with multiple zone valves? Are you getting voltage to the zone valve that was changed out?

It's always difficult to suspect where the problem is without actually seeing the whole picture. Usually you'll have a TACO unit or another brand to control multiple circulators or zone valves. The click you hear might not be the actual furnace but a relay elsewhere. Below is for two zone, however, the color will be the same for larger units. You might have a Honeywell unit. Either way I would first look into these type of units. I do not think it is your furnace for the little information you were able to give.

A second thought is the in-floor heating system maybe separate from the other heating zones that are working. That is each has their own control to the furnace. If the click is from inside the furnace, it could be a relay was added to control the furnace for the floor heating zones.

SingleSwitchRelaySR501HC.png

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Need to know what type of boiler/zone controller you have? Do you have a volt meter? Could be as a bad thermostat or pump. If the pump has power it might be red hot be careful if you touch it.

Aaron Beatty

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I think I may be in over my head on this one so I have someone coming out to look at it today.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks