Blowing Water Out of Lines

Users who are viewing this thread

jfharvey

Reaction score
I just went through an experience that I wanted to pass on. I was working with the plumber who was having trouble soldering a 1" line under the floor, since it was at the low point of the house and water in the lines was exiting where he had the line cut. So we closed all the faucets in the house except for one sillcock outside and one cold water faucet on the inside and switched the hot water heater line. He then took a compressed air hose and blew out the excess water in the system back through the faucets.

However, I later found out that we should have cut off the valves to the toilets as well. It seems that one toilet had an aftermarket toilet assembly installed in the tank from Lowes. This valve had a diaphragm in it that was actuated by the handle on the tank. Later that night we discovered that the tank was running continuously, necessitating a replacement of the toilet kit.

Lesson learned: be sure to shut off the toilet valves when blowing out excess water with compressed air.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks